Week 26 – Neversink, NY to Plymouth, MA

Day 176 – Neversink

Sunday started off rainy, so we had a nice breakfast and relaxed at Tracey’s sister’s house. When the weather improved, Tracey went to Shelby’s soccer game while Michael made soup. That evening, Tracey, Trish and Michael made the short drive to Liberty to eat and vote in a Chili cook off.

Dat 177 – Neversink to Danbury

On Monday, we had to get back on the road, so after saying our goodbyes we drove to Cold Spring, NY so Michael could get to work and do his weekly phone calls. The weather wasn’t great, so after lunch we continued on to our hotel in Danbury, CT to finish up the work day and get some rest.

Day 178 – Danbury to Niantic, CT

Tuesday was mainly a work day, starting off in the hotel and then continuing at our next destination on the Connecticut coast near Niantic.

Day 179 – Niantic, CT

Wednesday was another work day from the campground, but later in the afternoon, we hiked across the street from our campground into Rocky Neck State Park, where we followed some nice trails to the beach along Long Island Sound.

Day 180 – Niantic, CT to Newport, RI

Another travel day, starting off with work from the campground and then a short drive to the Tangiers Outlet mall in the Foxwoods Casino area. Michael worked while Tracey did some window shopping, then we continued on to another new state, Rhode Island, where we camped north of Newport. We got a nice surprise when we pulled into the campground to see a nice blue Westy from PA, so we chatted with the owners for a bit before settling in for dinner.

Day 181 – Newport, RI

Friday was another full work day from the campground since Michael was feeling a little under the weather.

Day 182 -Newport, RI to Plymouth, MA

On Saturday, we planned to visit Newport to hike the Cliff Walk, a path around the shore that takes you by many of the massive mansions that were built between 1850 and 1900 by families like the Vanderbilts and the Astros. The weather was terrible, but we soldiered on and walked almost six miles in the rain. Unfortunately, we had our first electronic gadget casualty in a long time, as Michael’s iPhone took on some water in the rain and never came back to life, making this our most expensive hike yet!

After the hike, we changed into some dry clothes so we could eat a late lunch and then head back to the campground to deal with all of our soaked clothes and shoes.




One Comment

  1. Joe Lapeyre

    Well done RC! See you have gone east about as far as a wheeled vehicle can go. Keep after it. Hey~ I am going to Run Club tonight. Been a while since that happened.

Have something to say?

(No worries, we will keep your email safe! Also, make sure you fill in email and name fields before posting a comment.)